Inappropriate behavior, in or out of uniform, is prohibited as a member of Langham Creek AFJROTC. This behavior includes, but is not limited to, consuming alcohol, drug abuse, tobacco use, horseplay, public display of affection (PDA) while in uniform or participating at an AFJROTC function, fighting, disparaging remarks, insubordination, disrespect, verbal threats, and physical attacks.
HAZING, PHYSICAL DISCIPLINE, or HARASSMENT of cadets IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED!!!
- Hazing is defined as the practice of directing someone of lesser rank to perform a humiliating act which entails the surrender of dignity and self-respect or a hazardous act which exposes one to physical danger or bodily harm. Any form of physical or mental abuse is strictly prohibited. Your receipt of this guide constitutes your understanding and acceptance of the prohibition on cadet hazing in Langham Creek AFJROTC TX-20061.
- Physical Discipline is defined as the practice of requiring someone to perform push-ups or any other physical activity as a form of punishment. Physical activities performed as part of a unit’s regular wellness program or team practice are not considered physical discipline.
- Harassment, such as improper or abusive language, and coercion of lower class cadets for personal gain, is strictly forbidden. Misuse of authority will not be condoned nor tolerated.
Public Display of Affection (PDA) At no time, while in uniform, will cadets do the following:
- Hold hands with girlfriend/boyfriend
- Kiss or close embrace
- Sit on laps
- Engage in any PDA in or out of uniform which may reflect unfavorably on the AFJROTC program
The reasons for this policy are as follows:
- It disrupts the good order and discipline of the Cadet Corps
- It detracts from the image of the Corps
- It potential undermines the superior to subordinate roles/relationships
- It changes relationships from professional to personal
- It gives rise to perceptions of favoritism within the Corps