STANDARDS OF CONDUCT
You become a leader by exhibiting qualities of intelligence, good judgment, decisiveness and initiative. You inspire others to follow you by setting examples of confidence, maturity and respect. In order to realize your highest potential, you must maintain high standards of self-discipline, high ideals, good manners, social grace, appropriate dress (in or out of uniform), and good grooming.
- You will display friendliness and respect to fellow students, school faculty, Aerospace Science instructors and AFJROTC cadets. You will greet other cadets and Aerospace Science instructors in a pleasant manner, regardless of location.
- You will show your respect for Aerospace Science instructors and any guest speakers by addressing them as "sir" or "ma'am" and by responding to them in the same manner (e.g. yes/no sir/ma'am).
- Cadet Officers will exercise discretion in enforcing military courtesy. Cadets will not be placed in an embarrassing situation by a public reprimand. However, cadet officers have the authority and the responsibility to deal with violations of military customs or courtesies on the spot.
- Enlisted cadets show their respect for cadet officers by addressing and responding to them as "sir" or "ma'am", and saluting them when outdoors.
- You will not wear hats (uniform or civilian) indoors unless permission is obtained from the SASI/ASI. When you are in uniform you will wear the correct headgear outdoors.
- You will follow procedures outlined in this cadet guide and will obey reasonable orders from all senior cadets, regardless of position or rank.
- You will come to the AFJROTC classroom prepared to engage in AS/LE activities. Preparation includes proper dress, completed assignments, notepaper, pen/pencil, and an attitude conducive to learning.
- You will not litter the classroom or leave study materials or personal items in the AFJROTC office, classroom or logistics room. You will put your trash in the trashcans and leave tables and/or chairs correctly placed. Classes will not be dismissed until the room is neat and orderly.
- You will not mark, scratch, or otherwise deface U.S. Air Force, Langham Creek or Cypress Lakes High School property.